February 11, 2011

Frames, Flowers and Baby Leggings

I have exactly two hours and 45 mins before I (and baby) need to be packed and ready to go away for the weekend and what am I doing?  Trying to slap a blog post together last minute.  AND to make matters worse, there are three separate things I wanted to share to make up for my lack of posts this week.

Numero uno:  My new frames.


I LOVE shopping at Value Village.  I've never been able to find clothing that I like (except for a brown leather belt that I adore) but I regularly find some great deals in the housewares department.  I have an addiction to buying glass jars (another post for the future) and picture frames!  I found some frames that had 'good bones' but need some help otherwise.  They ranged in price from $3 for a pack of 4 up to $8 for one of the larger ones.  S-C-O-R-E.


Nothing a little black spray paint with a satin finish can't fix.  I really like when things don't match perfectly.  I dunno...I think it's more interesting.  But that's just me.

Isn't he just the handsomest?  Thanks again to Kennedy for taking these adorable photos! 

Photo collages are one of my favourite things.  The first time I did it, I had major headaches trying to make sure the pictures lined up and were evenly spaced, yadda, yadda, yadda.  A few months ago, my brother-in-law Mark let me in on a secret...

 

...trace each frame onto newspaper, cut out and put them on the wall!  So genius!  Isn't the second picture scary?  I'm in the middle of getting my craft/home office room together and it lives in a constant state of disgusting disarray. 


Anyway, back to putting up the photos.  To make life easier on myself, I put a dot where the hanger is on the back of the frame so that I would know exactly where to place the nail.

Want another gross craft room picture?


AHHHHH!!!  :)

Seeing that Monday is Valentine's Day, my second topic is FLOWERS!


Aren't they beautiful?  They're nine days old!


I learned a secret for keeping flowers fresh from the very nice gentleman who sells flowers at the market.  Bleach.  Really.  1/2 teaspoon of bleach in 1 litre of water (with a tsp each of sugar and lemon juice) really extends the life of cut flowers.  I had always just used the little packet of who-knows-what that comes with them.  This is so much better!  Maybe you've got your own secret? 

Last topic:

We're spending the weekend in Ottawa for Winterlude.  I wanted to make sure my little tyke would stay cozy while gliding down the canal, so I made him two pairs of baby tights (to wear like long underwear) from the tutorial over at Made By Rae.  
Hehe!!

Alright, I need to pack!  Have a great weekend everyone!





No comments: